Spaghetti squash could also be a signature fall and winter veggie, however we’re right here for it changing into a summer time staple because of this non-traditional spin on Pad Thai — a lightweight and colourful household fave!
Spaghetti squash is low in energy and filled with vitamins like fiber, vitamin C, manganese, and vitamin B6, (1) making it an exquisite vegetable to include into your cooking, regardless of the season.
Our Month of Mama associate, Mareya Ibrahim, author of Eat Like You Give a Fork: The Real Dish on Eating to Thrive, is sharing her Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai recipe under…
P.S. We are still celebrating Month of Mama for yet one more week! Head here and enroll earlier than Monday, Might 25th to get an e-goodie bag full of FREE STUFF (like meditations, occasions and actions, dwell exercises & extra)!
- 1 (3- to 4-pound) spaghetti squash, high trimmed, halved lengthwise, and seeded
- Nonstick olive or coconut oil cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons uncooked coconut oil
- 1 pound 16-20 ct. uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Three garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of two limes
- Three tablespoons coconut amino acids
- 1 tablespoon granulated stevia or monk fruit sweetener
- 1 tablespoon pink chili paste
- 2 giant eggs, calmly crushed
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- Four scallions, sliced
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- ¼ cup recent cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Mist the reduce sides of the squash with cooking spray and place on the ready baking sheet. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes, till the squash’s flesh is tender and might simply be faraway from the pores and skin with a fork. Let the squash cool barely, then scrape the flesh into spaghetti-like strands with a fork and switch to a bowl. Set the scraped shells apart.
- Within the meantime, in a big skillet, soften 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil over medium warmth. Add the shrimp and prepare dinner till pink and opaque on all sides, about 2 minutes. Take away from the warmth and put aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk collectively the garlic, lime juice, amino acids, stevia, and pink chilI paste.
- Return the skillet to medium-high warmth and soften the remaining 1 tablespoon coconut oil. Add the squash and pour the garlic–lime juice combination excessive. Toss totally to evenly coat the squash. Add the crushed egg and rapidly prepare dinner for 2 minutes.
- Prime with the shrimp, carrots, scallions, peanuts, and cilantro, and serve.
In search of a fast tonic recipe that is nice for a morning enhance and for intestine well being? Take a look at this Vitality Tonic recipe. Discover extra recipes like these on our blog and in Mareya’s new ebook, Eat Like You Give a Form: The Real Dish on Eating to Thrive.
Each mother or father (particularly mamas) can use a pick-me-up proper now greater than ever; occasions are powerful, extremely busy, and there by no means appears to be sufficient time within the day. In Might, we’re celebrating motherhood all month lengthy with our Month of Mama marketing campaign; be a part of within the enjoyable here. You’ll get FREE weekly e-goodie baggage every week together with the next:
- FREE at-home exercises.
- Straightforward family-friendly recipes.
- Meditations for #momlife.
- Playlists for yard hangs, exercises, and household time.
- Weekly occasions & extra.
New to FIT4MOM? Your top quality is FREE! With over 300 franchises nationwide, your native lady gang is true right here ready for you…discover energy in motherhood with a group who has your again.
(1) – Healthline – https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/spaghetti-squash
Creator: “firstname.lastname@example.org (Shelley Hopper) — blog.fit4mom.com “